Friday 14 October 2011

It's too early for a title :(

I've missed two whole days of blog writing! Oh no!
I've been busy, you (the non-existent reader) will get over it :p Wednesday was a panicky day, I've ended up running for Union Parliament under a Labour Students banner. I know the other guys running too, they're mates from my course and they know I'm a Lib Dem so it's not so bad. Their leaflets say 'running as Labour Students' and mine say 'running with....' so morally I can justify that better to myself. Plus they can give me shit loads of help and we're more likely to get elected running together. But it's still stressful basically!


.........


On top of that I had my first Russian lesson which was fun but also a bit overwhelming. People seemed to pick up the alphabet so quickly and could read words while I was still hunting for the second letter! I'm going to have a listen to some Russian CDs this weekend and hope that triggers memories lol, I can remember no, goodbye and hi atm. Not great but better than nothing.


.........

Yesterday I had the first globalisation lecture with the most bias lecturer I've ever met. I thought they were suppose to give two aides at least but this guy was wry clear that he thought globalisation was powerful counties (US, Russia, China) not playing by the rules of free trade whilst encouraging everyone else to do so and therefore reinforcing their hegemony. But whatever, i can have an opinion too lol.


.........


Went into town and got a new phone, iPhone 4 baby :) My number moves over today so I'm just having a play today, iOS 5 seems to have taken all the music off my iPod though for some strange reason and my mate has all his music but no pictures. Bit random and quite annoying (especially for him, he went to see Katy Perry the night before so those pics are gone!).


.........


Second shift at work was good, apart from one or two mistakes. I haven't quite worked out what goes in which glass yet and a woman asked for orange and lemonade and I gave her orange squash not fresh lol. I've never worked in a bar and for some reason that's what I thought she meant! Given it was Madama Butterfly last night I probably should have though she didn't want squash! One guy wanted a brandy and that took me five minutes to find, I don't know what bottles are brandy lol. I'll know for next time though! I also need to learn types of wine but there's only six so I should be okay. Being on Leicester Male Voice Choir Saturday night!!


.........


I probably did other things but I'm late for a lecture and I need to dry my hair so I'll let you know some other time!

No comments:

Post a Comment