Wednesday 14 September 2011

I need a dollar, dollar

Finally had a wander into town having been in Leicester for over a week. 

Firstly, a hideous encounter at the City Council building when an overweight man with dubious body odour stood far too close behind me to be socially acceptable then I had to wander over the road to the Admin Office and try and say a name of foreign origin through a dodgy intercom without sounding racist. I think I probably failed :| Although when I finally got into the building I was reassured that my worrying lack of passport doesn't mean I'm losing any shifts in my new job as the guy who decides when I can start work is on holiday. They have my driving licence and national insurance information so all they need now is my passport and I can start working. As a liberal I feel that this is a worrying amount of information a council needs just to prove I am allowed to work in the country, especially since that's what I've been doing for the last three years, but you never know, theatre bar staff may become a national security risk in the near future ;)

.........


Nothing much on the news has caught my eye today but that's probably because I haven't read the paper or watched the news. I did see the unemployment figures but I'll be the first to admit my knowledge of economics isn't the greatest so any comments I make would almost certianly be ill-informed and unhelpful. On the other hand I do know that the BBC's continued blanket on reporting George Osbourne's dominatrix-cocaine issues is causing me no end of laughter. Do they think it's not important enough to even worth mentioning or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment