Friday 9 September 2011

Silence is golden

Both flatmates (I have three but one hasn't moved in yet) have headed out for the evening and as a result of my dislike if alcohol and general antisocial nature I'm rocking about the house alone. It's not as depressing as it sounds; I have Sky+ and the Internet so I think I'll survive.


A result of this Sky+ though is that I've spend a good few hours today watching LA/Miami Ink and now have a rather strong desire to get some tattoos. I had this desire already but now I've actually started putting proper thought into it. Stars on my wrist and something on my shoulder blade but I'm not sure what yet.


I also almost set the house on fire but that was entirely accidental! We've got a gas oven but I dropped the jacket potato I was cooking which then rolled into the flames and proceeded to scorch quite dramatically. Luckily I switched it off quick as anything and prized it out using the kitchen tongs that were just lying around on the side.


I feel like I may have over-egged this potato story but it really did scare the crap out of me. That and thirty seconds later the landlady wandered in without any warning. Luckily she wasn't earlier otherwise she'd have caught me with my head in a gas oven which could have prompted some odd questions :/


So the rest of my night consists of checking out TV packages for when this one ends, googling tattoo designs and panicking slightly over the fact our landlady has just told me we're behind in out rent :|

No comments:

Post a Comment